What will it cost me?
YES! Talent does not take a sign up fee, we only make a commission of what you earn. All these are outlined in the agency Terms & Conditions.
Do I need experience?
No acting experience is necessary. For extras work, as you progress you may want to take up training. We expect our Talent to adhere to a professional code of conduct.
Do I require transportation?
We recommend that you have a drivers licence and your own car. Majority of casting takes place in the inner city suburbs, but some job locations may not be readily accessible via Public Transport and the call times can be from very early or may run overnight. We expect our Talent to be punctual and ensure there is not issues with getting to the required shoot location.
Can I register with more than one agency?
Some agents will tell you that you can join more than one agency, this is called a non-exclusive agreement. And many actors believe by having multiple agents it will help you get more work, but it can work against you getting work. Having multiple agents can cause conflicts if two agents send you for the same job. Therefore, YES! Talent follows the guidelines set out by the Casting Guild of Australia which requires talent to be with one agent only.
In certain circumstances it may be possible to have multiple agents, where the agents work in different parts of the industry. For example, some people have one agent for extras work and another for acting work. You will need to check with us if there will be a conflict if you belong to another agency.
How can I start?
Register your details with us today via an application form on our website. From there, we will arrange a meeting between our team if you are eligible for representation.
What if I am successful?
Upon successful representation with YES! Talent you will receive:
- Entry into the YES! Talent database.
- Your own personal website portal.
- An annual professional photoshoot with a YES! Talent endorsed professional headshot photographer to ensure your photos have a consistent look for your online profiles, and are in line with our clients expectations.
- Creation of casting portal profiles.
- Access to FREE industry etiquette training videos.
What does YES! Talent do?
The YES! Talent team works with casting directors and productions companies. We promote our talent to them, suggesting YES! Talent people who are suited for the roles being cast.
What is the selection process to be cast?
One thing to note is the process can be EXTREMELY quick, the below process may take place over only a couple of days:
- It starts with a casting brief from the Casting Director/Production Company.
- YES! Talent team put together our potential submission list, those who we think are right for each role.
- YES! Talent team will then send out a Text and/or Email requesting your availability for the projects specified times. We require a prompt reply to this, if you delay you may miss your opportunity to be considered.
- The list is submitted to the Casting Director/Production Company.
- If they would like to see you we will be in contact with a casting call time. As they may be seeing hundreds of people they are very strict with their audition times. You need to confirm you can attend this ASAP. If you are unable to make this time please inform us IMMEDIATELY.
- At the casting call you will be required to: complete a job form, have a photo taken, potentially speak to camera. The casting director/associate may ask you a few questions, request you to follow a small script, and/or do a short task while filming you.
- YES! Talent team will be in touch if we hear if you have got the job. Unfortunately, as they see many people for the role we may sometimes not hear back if you are unsuccessful.
Can you guarantee work?
No. Casting Directors, Productions Companies and their Clients choose talent based on what they are looking for, what roles are being offered, and how they may work in comparison to the rest of the cast. YES! Talent is not part of the final selection process that ultimately decides who is chosen.
How much can I earn?
This depends on the many factors including type of project and the role you are performing.
Pay for a minimum call as an extra in:
- TV Series – $110.24 ($27.56/hr for a minimum 4 hour call)
- Feature Film – $131.56 ($32.89/hr for a minimum 4 hour call)
- TV Commercial – $168.08 ($42.02/hr for a minimum 4 hour call)
Film and TV may also have additional loadings, rights and residuals depending on where the project is screened.
If you are required to attend a wardrobe fitting you will also be paid for this.